Thursday, February 24, 2005

now we're cooking with gas

Actually managed to work today. Hurray! Now have a clear concept developed for a children's easel.

*

*

Worked the ideas out through sketching and building this little model. It's easier for me to see things when I've got a 3-dimensional "sketch" to work on alongside my 2-dimensional doodles. This easel here is approximately four feet tall - a nice size for kids. It would accommodate a roll of paper for painting and drawing in addition to having some other functions that are yet to be decided (either magnetic surface, felt board, chalk board or cork board). I like the idea of making this something that even the younger toddlers could use (magnetic, felt or cork) and then eventually graduate to its function as an artistic easel. This would make this an appropriate gift for even a baby shower or first birthday. Trying to be flexible here. I see that as the biggest flaw in a lot of the items available commercially. No flexibility.

*

Tomorrow I hope to build full scale.

No comments: