Thursday, June 26, 2008

i've seen london, i've seen france...

Check out this picture I snapped from the plane on the way back home...


I always love looking at the patterns that the landscapes make in farmlands. This grid seems too perfect. How did they do that? It's hard to imagine how they're able to create such rhythm down on the ground. Flying from the Midwest last Fall I was amazed by the circles. Click on the links for "grid" and "circles" - I'm so in love with Google Maps ! I often find myself wasting SO MUCH TIME exploring the world with it. In fact, it kind of makes the world seem small. (Or maybe I'm just getting bigger.) Why travel when you can just pop down in Athens or Africa or Machu Picchu while finishing your morning coffee? You'd need to be Matt Lauer to actually get that kind of distance. Maybe I'm just tired from all the aftermath of traveling right now. Maybe I'm just really super happy to home. The past couple mornings I've woken up feeling so happy to be home. Home sweet home. I've seen London, I've seen France, I've seen a fair number of this country's biggest and smallest towns. Maybe I'm done. Focus is on home for now. It's going to be a great Summer here at home!

No comments: