Wednesday, February 23, 2005

more ginger ale please!

So I've been down with the flu. A stomach variety - nice. But I managed to sleep for probably 10 hours yesterday and am actually feeling much better today. Just got to take it easy so I keep it under wraps. Thinking that while I'm out on my ginger ale run I'll stop in the craft store and pick up some balsa wood so I can work on models of a few furniture ideas I've been sketching up. I shouldn't be out in the woodshop today, so maybe I'll just put on a favorite movie that I've already seen several dozen times and work on building at the miniature scale. Besides, this will take me back to those good ol' days of architecture school. The thing I enjoyed most about architecture school was building models. Once I finished school and went to work in the real world, building models never factored into the equation. Bummer. So I'll just have to make up excuses to build them myself. I've always thought that if I had a huge chunk of time to throw away I'd like to spend it building a model of our house. This makes a lot of sense, actually, because when I was little all I ever wanted to do was build a doll house (I think I even always told myself that when I grew up I would - I also insisted that when I grew up I would have one entire room dedicated to Barbies, and that hasn't happened - nor has the desire to make it happen) But how insane would that make me to have this little model of our house? With little models of our furniture, all built to scale, so I could rearrange rooms in the model to see how it would look. Yeah, that's getting a bit crazy. Almost as silly as the way I spend my free time drawing up the plans for our house and drawing up renovations/additions I'd do if we ever won the lottery.

Anyway...I need to get my head back in the game today. Got to muddle through this stomach ache and get some work done.

No comments: