Tuesday, June 06, 2006

june gloom

For a while there I thought it was actually going to start looking like summer. I even got my first sunburn of the season. But now the gloom of June has rolled in and this image here seemed very appropriate for the day's cloud cover:

But, not to fret because paycheck work is done and I will be free to silkscreen/sew/draw/paint all afternoon once the little Mr. Man goes off for an adventure with Grandma. I fear that the clouds are starting to roll into my head, though, because all I can think about is a good, long nap. The grey outside makes me so sleepy. Or, maybe it was the 5:30am wake-up from our feline bed companion. Our NASTY feline cat - who has been known to bite the unsuspecting hand that wrongly assumed all cats love a good petting, who growls and hisses when she hears a car door shut outside (indicating impending visitors to HER house), who once grabbed an entire steak with her teeth off a plate on the coffee table from a house guest who, again, wrongly assumed that cats want nothing more than a saucer of milk, so, said steak is safe - punished me for inching my foot into her personal-space, in my sleep, by clawing the bottom of my foot. And the only way for me to get out of this extremely painful situation was to endure even more pain in the effort to remove my foot from her grasp. After all that, I was awake. No turning back. Damn cat.

No comments: