Monday, February 13, 2006

weekend in review

A little sampling of my weekend...
.
First, finished a painting. It's always fun to paint on a Saturday morning.
.
Next, played around with an idea that came to me in the middle of the night - zinnia flower necklaces. I like them. I think it's the first time that an idea came out pretty good on the first try. It's one of the ideas I have swarming around in my head for the probably one-in-a-million shot I have (please please please fingers crossed!) of getting into the Bazaar Bizaare, San Francisco.
.
And I got an early Valentines' Day present - Almond Cookie Body Spray from Carol's Daughter!!! I'll have to update you on this later because my nose is still stuffed up and I can't smell...wait...wait! I just gave it another try and it seems my nose is back in business. This smells WONDERFUL!!! (I can't believe I couldn't smell this yesterday) A perfect blend of almond, vanilla, lemon and sandalwood. Doesn't smell too sweet like some food-flavor scents tend to be - so sweet you almost get a bellyache from wearing it too much. (thank you Tommy!)
.
And last, an afternoon spent sitting at the beach while my son took his nap in the backseat. Waves looked to be in pretty good condition (but, what do I know?). Hoped this photograph would bring some warmth to those of you trapped in the "blizzard of the century", as Katie and Matt keep calling it. If you want to see more, check out my dad's surfing album here.

No comments: