Friday, October 26, 2007

melt, squeeze and freeze!



Still one more day of keeping the kids inside. The smoke is definitely better - but to be safe, we're playing inside. We swung by Michaels to use our 40% off coupon on a Thomas and Friends train. So, while we were there, we also picked up this Halloween candy kit. What kid wouldn't be excited about making candy? I clearly remember making these as a kid. I could taste that familiar colored chocolate taste before we even started microwaving those candy melts. And the kid was just as amazed to be creating these things as I was the very first time. Like, wow! It looks so perfect and all I had to do was melt, squeeze and freeze!

This reminds me of all the time and money I spent at a Hobby Lobby during our midwest trip. The husband and I even got in a little fight over it.

"No! I did NOT spend 2-1/2 hours in there!"

"Um, yes you did - not that it matters. You deserved the time away - I'm happy you had fun!"

"But I know for a fact that the tornado warning alarm was going off and they are tested at noon on Saturdays!"

"Yeah, and you got back at 2:30."

"Oh. Okay." [Damn! He's right again!]

How in the world did I spend 2-1/2 hours in ONE store? I don't know. All I can say is that I'm glad there isn't a Hobby Lobby here in San Diego county - or Southern California, for that matter. Our bank account is better off for it. I'm just relieved our luggage made it through the weight check at the airport!

No comments: