Tuesday, December 09, 2008

deck them halls, y'all!

I love this ornament. We picked it up in Oklahoma last year. Yee ha!

We put a 4-foot tree up high on my old drafting table. (see how our angel is smooshed up against the ceiling? barely fit!) This has turned out to be the perfect solution for saving fragile ornaments from the little hands of the shortest member of our family.

Finally sewed the family some matching stockings last year. Every year I hope to embellish them a bit. Found some cute handpainted wood buttons that I want to tack on and maybe some bright cuffs.

For days I tried to figure out where I'd put the little ceramic village I've been painting for years. (still so many buildings to go) After watching Martha, the perfect solution: clear out a section of books and nestle this snowy little village into the bookshelf with a lovely backdrop of snowflake scrapbook paper!

No comments: