Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Nature's SO Bitchin'!

We watched “March of the Penguins” tonight.

When I was in 5th grade, each student in my class was given a letter of the alphabet and told to write a report on anything beginning with the letter that was assigned. You can imagine my disappointment when I wasn’t assigned the letter “P”, for “Penguin”. I LOVED penguins.

I was stuck with “E”. And the girl who got “P” was, in fact, writing about penguins.

Now imagine the joy of my little adolescent heart when I discovered I could write my report on the “E”mperor penguin!

Watching this movie, I’m simply amazed at how these little black and white critters can find the one other penguin, among thousands, that they’ve hooked up with that winter to mate with.

And then I think…

I wonder if there is some creature somewhere else watching a documentary about those crazy bastards living on planet earth, saying to themselves, “It’s simply amazing how they can hop into those contraptions every morning and head off to the same distant location every day only to find themselves back at their original destination every single evening. Ain’t nature bitchin’ ?!?”

No comments: