Tuesday, August 19, 2008

what's been going on

I can't believe summer is almost over. So many plans, so little of it actually accomplished. Que sera sera! Just don't know where the time goes, and once again I find myself with just a scant 5 minutes before I need to be out the door. So, here's a little review of what's been going on... in pictures...

a trip to the circus!


my first run of fabric from Spoonflower



and this is what i did with it...

harvesting sunflower seeds


my second run of fabric from Spoonflower (i like this one MUCH better - getting a better sense of how colors will translate from my computer screen to textile)

(a bad picture... sorry... too hot to iron today)

and - in this heat - some baking... i've always wanted to make graham crackers (i cut them as circles and think that graham cracker S'more cookie sandwiches with marshmallow fluff and nutella are in our future)


Okay, this took longer than 5 minutes and now I'll be late. (but only late for the insane time keeper in my head) I just can't get over how fast the Summer went by. Didn't get nearly as much done as I had hoped. This is becoming the story of my life. The past few weeks I've been working on projects for myself - sewing shirts/pants/skirts for me, gardening and scrapbooking. I'll jump back into things to sell again soon, but for now it's fun to enjoy the fruits of my labor for myself. (the little bag I pictured up there is perfect for holding my new sketchbook)

Oh, and I've been wasting time on Facebook. Look me up if you're there. (why do I do this?)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could you share the recipe for the graham crackers? They look delicious!!