Wednesday, March 11, 2009

WIP: pendents

My recent attempt at making some resin jewelery using a mold has ricocheted me into a new direction, putting a pause on molding resin for the moment. Inspired by all the Scrabble Tile Pendents on Etsy, I'm trying to make something similar using these wood circles instead. Right now it's just a work in progress... still need to experiment with applying the resin. So, if it doesn't work out, you may never see these again. But I'm going to be optimistic. It may very well work out. I'm a sucker for materials - so I like how the wood grain shows through and serves as the backdrop for my flying animal bugs. That's the biggest complaint I have about the Scrabble tile jewelry - unless you turn it over, you have no idea it's a Scrabble tile. (the more I type out S-C-R-A-B-B-L-E, the more it looks like a word I made up and not like a real word at all)

Happy Wednesday, all!

No comments: