Tuesday, September 28, 2010

live healthy - buy flowers

A book I pick up often is Dr. Andrew Weil's 8 Weeks To Optimum Health. As you know, I love books that lay it all out for me, like an instruction manual for life. I'll have to admit that I haven't ever made it past Week-3. How long have I had this book? Too long to admit. I know there's no excuse for taking care of yourself. So, someday soon I'll stick with it and find myself in optimum health. I love Dr. Weil's mental/spiritual task for Week-1: "Buy some flowers to keep in your home, where you can enjoy them." I can do that! He explains, "Flowers manifest the beauty and wonder of nature and delight the senses. It feels good to be around them. They raise our spirits."



I brought this bunch of sunflowers home yesterday and I didn't want to trim those lovely, long stems! So there they are in all their tall glory. I wonder how long it will take for a ball or toy flying from some little rascal's hands to topple the whole thing over. Not soon, I hope. I can't believe how much water sunflowers drink. It's almost like having a pet when you bring a bunch of sunflowers home. Fresh water every day!



I'm in love with that shade of green in the center.

No comments: