Monday, July 24, 2006

cravings


One thing I'm experiencing, which I remember from my first pregnancy, is my gestational super-appreciation for books. I read a lot the last time I was with-child and I sure am burning through books this time round as well. Finished and loved On Beauty. Now I'm a little more than half-way through The History of Love by Nicole Krauss. And it just got really good. I've hit that point where I just don't want to put it down. And while I'm tempted to take the little one to the park and plough through to the end, I'm opting, instead, for savouring each little bit slowly - as if each page were a delicious piece of chocolate from a box of the world's most fabulous confections - don't want to consume it all in one sitting!

[Which makes me think of these wonderful chocolates we got from a chocolatier in belgium. Wish I could remember the name of that place. I'm sure I could order some online if I could just remember the name of that place.]

[[Which makes me think about how my last pregnancy had me craving delicious rich things like ice cream and chocolate and this one has me craving frozen sweet treats like sherbet and sorbet. I've been trying since last night to make strawberry sorbet, but it is so hot that the bowl of my ice cream maker thaws before the sorbet has had a chance to freeze! Now I'm doing it the old fashioned way - it's in the freezer where I'll give it a good stir every couple hours. Tonight we eat sorbet!!!]]

No comments: