Thursday, April 28, 2005

aloha


*
Ack...I haven't been posting or doing a single crafty thing for the past couple weeks. Just catching up on stuff around the house and getting ready for our trip to Hawaii (just a couple days away now!). And the little one was sick, so that was a big adventure. At least it happened before our trip and not during. Now my time is all about packing and preparing for the trip. Toys, videos, snacks, beach toys, swim stuff...you get the idea. Also, trying to imagine every and any possible senario and preparing for it. Baby Tylenol, hand wipes, anti-bacterial wipes, bandaids, sunscreen, insect repellent, grown-up Tylenol...you get the idea. Eventually I'll have to just admit to myself that it's not like we're going to a remote island where we couldn't go pick something up if I forgot to bring it. Kauai has a grocery store for heaven's sake...so stop stressing. And there's the house and pets to be squared away. I always have to clean the house before we leave for a trip. I need the peace of mind that a clean house gives me while we're gone. Need to know we have a clean home to return to when that dreaded return arrives. I know, I'm crazy.
*
Big question now is, what little crafty project shall I bring along? Used to be that one entire bag would be filled to the brim with multiple projects to keep me busy on the plane/train/automobile. During our last trip to Kauai I busied myself by stitching palm trees on the beach while my husband read and we downed several mai tais. But now with little baby boy I know it's foolish to bring too much. Most of our time will be spent with him. But hopefully there will be a few moments where he's either napping or otherwise occupied, so I need to figure out what it is I want to work on during those moments. Maybe I should just bring my sketch book and consider myself lucky if I have any time at all just to doodle.
*
Well, time for me to put the little one down for a nap. He just fell asleep right here on the floor! Poor thing. Hopefully he'll be back at 100% by Saturday. Ah, I just imagined that feeling of driving up to the North shore on that rain slicked road...lush green hills...sun peaking out just as you reach the beach...warm air...smell of plumeria.
*
Aloha!

No comments: