Tuesday, April 12, 2005

here's *something* anyway


*
I'm afraid the creative juices just haven't been flowing like they should. Well, yesterday was catch-up day...laundry, house cleaning, laundry, laundry, laundry. Need to get myself back in the game. Need to burn some screens of my new characters (including this little giraffe) so that I can be silkscreening by week's end. I really want fabric! *My* silkscreened fabric so we can start to make some truly unique pillows and blankets and bags and such. I just have one more little animal to perfect...the pig. I just haven't liked any of my sketches yet. In my grand scheme I pictured an elephant, a cat, a rabbit, a giraffe and a pig. The elephant and giraffe I envisioned as good schemes for boys. The cat and rabbit for girls. The pig for either. I don't want to stick entirely to the pink=girls, blue=boys color palette...but I think I will do some stuff that way because whenever I don't (thinking, oh I'm sure there are people like me out there who wouldn't dress their little girl in ALL pink & lace) I always get requests for it. People love to bath baby girls in pink. So I'll do some pink.
*

No comments: