Saturday, April 02, 2005

this, that & then some

*
These are the paintings I currently have available for sale. I also plan to provide them in print form very, very soon. And something else I think I'll work on - going to make some of these into coloring book sheets for The Sampler. I'd also like to start making some smaller paintings on block that I can offer for a smaller price. Now that all the web building is done, I hope to have a lot more time to create. So stay tuned.
*
I feel like I haven't done much in the line of crafty handiwork this week...but I must remind myself that I've been throwing all my time into updating the website. I'm *much* happier with the look, the layout and the beginnings of what I hope will be a fun addition...The Buzzing Bog. [hopefully I've got all the kinks worked out...but I would be super appreciative if anyone finds a link that doesn't work or a graphic that doesn't load and gives me a heads up...muchas muchas gracias in advance!] I haven't quite gotten everything photographed and represented on the site yet. I've got a lot of handmade (crochetted) baby hats and booties made by my partner-in-crime (me mum) to add to the site. You'll see these in the "clothing" portion of the site. But I feel good because the backbone is there. Now maybe I can get back to painting and building (in wood, not html).
*
There's been this strange phenomenon here in Southern California over the past few days...butterflies everywhere! Millions of butterflies! So fantastic! The heavy rainfall gave them lots of vegetation growth for laying eggs and...this being the first really warm week, they all hatched and started their flight north. At times while driving, the swarms would be so thick (especially at the beach) that I felt like I had to stop because I didn't want to hurt them.
*


No comments: