Wednesday, March 16, 2005

buy me some peanuts & cracker jack...

*
I made a baseball display case for my father-in-law's birthday. He used to write a sports column so he has buckets full of signed baseballs. Now he'll be able to display 16 of his most treasured ones. I meant to make him this for Christmas, but it just didn't happen. I'm thinking of painting his initials on the door as well...if I scrape up the time this afternoon, that is. I think the thing that makes me feel the most accomplished is that I made this all out of wood I had on hand (left over from other projects). Redwood 2x4s from the construction of our fence, birch plywood from signs I made for our last craft fair and particle board from some wood I picked up in the "as-is" bin at Home Depot (I *LOVE* the "as-is" bin...great pieces of wood for under a buck!!!). The other nice thing is that people really seem to love it when I give them things that are handmade. I really need to try to do this for everyone. Let's see...who's birthday is next? I should start brainstorming gift ideas for everyone.
*
I got all my silk screen printing supplies on Monday. I can't wait to try my very first print. My mom and I brainstormed all kinds of ideas using silk screened fabric during our drive out to the desert over the weekend.
*

No comments: