Friday, March 25, 2005

happy easter

*
I was absolutely tickled to find these ceramic egg holders this morning. I've seen Giada DeLaurentis use them on "Everyday Italian" and I've always wanted them for my kitchen. Of course it was always one of those passing thoughts...ooo, I want one...not exactly an urge that sent me out in search of one. So you can imagine the smile on my face when there it was, mixed in with all the other Easter decorations and marked 40% off. Not only did it fulfill one of my secret wishes, it was also on sale! And I'm sure it's supposed to be used for colored Easter eggs, but you can be sure I'll be using mine all year long. It will make life easier...I'm always sticking eggs in the pillar candle I keep in the kitchen or in the fruit bowl to keep them from rolling off the counter when I'm baking. No more! Now I can bake like Giada.
*
I finally pulled out my Easter decorations. Last year I bought several birch branches and hot glued some porcelain roses to them to use as my Easter egg tree. And I actually ended up leaving this out all year. Even with nothing hanging on it, it looks pretty. At Christmas it I hung glass bulbs on it. Gosh, I can't believe it's already been a year since I've had it out and I didn't get tired of it. When I was putting it together I was concerned about how I would store it...but that turned out not to be a problem.
*

*
Now it's time to bake the Easter cookies I was too tired to make last night.
*

No comments: