Wednesday, June 29, 2005

under the quack

::

::
Of all the wonderful creatures at the zoo - the giraffe, the elephant, the hippopatamus - I think the one that really made me smile was the duck. Yep folks, I said duck! I just couldn't stop laughing inside when I saw the underside of our feathered friends here in the hippo lagoon. And I had to keep the laughing inside because I am sure I was the only one who thought it was hilarious - so I'm sure no one would have understood why I was laughing so hard. This and the fact that I think if I had let the laughs out it would have exploded into one of those fits where the tears start pouring and you just can't stop. I swear - those crazy ducks just cracked me up. But the giraffe, the elephant and the hippo were pretty cool. But I shouldn't give the duck the entire spotlight. The entire zoo collectively was pretty fantastic. Even the plants and trees were amazing. (you know you're getting old when you find yourself spending just as much time admiring the orchids as you do the flamingos)
::

1 comment:

Jolene said...

I am glad I am not the only person who can find humor in completely random situations that NO ONE else finds amusing!!! A few years ago I was obsessed with this polar bear at a zoo because I could tell he was a little looney. No one else saw it, but I was mesmerized and in near hysterics over how loopy he was in subtle ways. (Hmm...I suppose this is like making fun of the disabled so I should stop now.)