Thursday, July 03, 2008

well loved

It's been a tough week. I'm still having a hard time coming to terms with my cousin's passing. He was just too young. I was up until 3am last night putting together the slide show for his memorial this evening. That's hard - feel like I've been crying all night. Took me longer than it should have to get the music fade in and out just as I wanted for certain photos, so I must have watched it 50 times - every time getting all choked up. I'm sure this show is going to bring tears to everyone's eyes.

On a lighter note...
I have never had a Martha Stewart Living magazine that has been as well loved as this July issue. We're having a barbecue here tomorrow (like the rest of America) and I've chosen several recipes from this one magazine. Long gone are the days where I would methodically cut out Martha articles with an exacto blade and organize them in binders with plastic sleeves according to topics like "Good Things", "Kitchen", "Organizing" and "Holiday". With the Martha website, who needs to catalog this stuff anymore?



Had planned to bake these sandwich star cookies last night... they look so good! The dough is in the fridge, so they'll bake tonight. (check out that spilled God-knows-what... I used to take such good car of my Martha mags!)


I hope I have time to make these onion rings. Maybe it'll be another late night again tonight. We MUST have these onion rings with our juicy beef, turkey and veggie burgers. (I've always wanted to make veggie burgers and the recipe in the July mag. sounds good - although, I'm substituting Kasha for Quinoa. Why is it I've seen Quinoa on the shelf a hundred times before and now that I need it I can't find it anywhere???)



Have a wonderful Holiday Weekend!
Hug your loved ones a little tighter than normal
and
cherish each and every moment.


No comments: