Monday, January 26, 2009

TWO

I can't believe my youngest is now TWO!

We had a little party to celebrate and, as always, I had a few little craft projects to help make the celebration extra special. As soon as I saw this pinwheel pattern from Heather Bailey I knew I'd be making them.

And since I recently made a felt applique for another birthday boy, I was determined to make one for my little guy. Right now, as dedicated followers of the blog know, Finnegan is obsessed with "Maggie and the Ferocious Beast". So here is that "Ferocious" Beast on his birthday shirt:

And here is the birthday boy (just can't seem to get this serious one to smile in front of the camera - he freezes up whenever that lens is in front of him!):

Without getting involved in Ebay auctions I couldn't find any "Beast" party supplies, so I had to come up some of my own. This foam core Beast watched over all the festivities.

And, of course, there was the cake. I used fondant for the Beast on the cake and the eyes on these cookie lollipops. Now why is it, exactly, that food is funner when it is on a stick? The kids LOVED these cookie lollipops. I think all cookies will have to be on lollipop sticks from now on.

And now I can breathe a sigh of relief because all the birthday parties are done until next Fall. With both birthdays within months of each other (on either side of Christmas, no less) it's both a burden and a blessing. It's a lot of work - but once it's over, it's OVER for TEN whole months.

No comments: