Sunday, January 04, 2009

best intentions

I've been meaning to take pictures of all the Christmas creations, but that just hasn't happened. I'm still in denial about actually taking down Christmas. (must happen today, it's January 4th for heaven's sake!) So I may as well post this picture of a toy I gave to a friend's son. Followed Katie Steuernagle's tutorial on Martha... it didn't come out quite as smooth as the ones Katie makes, but I thought it was cute nonetheless.

I made a pull toy of a flying elephant as well. Somewhere along the way, though, I lost one wheel and that stopped production because I was in no mood to hit the craft store in the days leading up to Christmas. (I still hold on to the belief that it's just got to turn up SOMEWHERE... where the heck did that thing go?!?) So I need to go buy a wheel and finish this pull toy so I can finally give it to my little Finn - he's so overwhelmed by all the new toys that he's not even aware that his special Mommy gift never made it's way under the tree. Robbie's special Mommy gift was a child-sized workbench for using all his new child-sized tools. Will photograph that SOON.

And now, while the Irish steel cut oats are cooking up, I must make my menu and grocery list for the week. Resolution: Eat healthy, eat vegetarian, eat whole in 2009.

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Ohmygosh! That little toy is SO darn cute!!! I REALLY want to see that elephant!