Sunday, February 11, 2007

farewell lavender

Here are some booties you'll be seeing more of in the future. For months I've been working on a re-design - making the bodies a little stiffer, adding new stitches and embellishing in new ways. I say you'll be seeing more of these because I am in the process of preparing for a televison appearance where I will be demonstrating how I make these nifty little guys. Perhaps it's my seven years of marriage to my very superstitious husband ...but I hesitate to say too much for fear of bursting this perfectly wonderful little bubble. Anytime I'm within a five foot radius of any spilled salt, over the left should a pinch goes. Never mention how lucky we are to have not hit traffic until we have pulled into our destination and the engine is off. Always follow any mention of good fortune with the words (and corresponding hand motion), "knock on wood." Yeah, so, I don't want to talk too much about my trip next week, about who I'll be showing my things to, about the exposure this could quite possibly create for my crafts. Nah ...we won't talk about that until it is all said and done and 100% sure to air.

So for today, I'll chat about the weather. A drizzly, rainy day ...and if you've read what I've had to say before, you know how I feel about the rain. How else is a parched Californian supposed to feel about the rain? Love it! The yard is going to require some major work this spring - so any little help from nature is greatly appreciated. On a sad note, it appears that it is very possible that my 3-year old is allergic to lavender. He's been breaking out in hives whenever he goes outside, and so far we've only been able to identify the big lavendar bush he brushes past on the way to the sandbox as the most likely culprit. I love lavender, but of course it'll have to go if we decide that it is in fact what's causing his break-outs. Maybe I'll replace it with some sage - similar colors, a little more manic in shape. Oh, my poor lavender!

So, if you don't hear much from me in the next week, just know this ...I am having myself an adventure and I'll be anxious to share it when I get back. No news is not necessarily bad news, it's a good thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!! You must call us b/c I'm freaking out here...
-Jessica