Thursday, February 22, 2007

things about to get crazy

My husband goes back to work today. Eeeegawd ...am I going to survive being a mama of two? I know I know, I should consider myself very lucky to have myself a man who works for a company progressive enough to offer their male employees paternity leave. Other new mamas should be so lucky. But I'm spoiled - haven't yet had the pleasure of an entire day caring for the new one while the toddler runs circles around me. And, to top it off, we have rain again. (maybe it's all my complaining about never getting rain - because now we're actually getting rain) So that means a day stuck inside. But we have a couple new friends ...you might have heard of them. They go by the names "Dora" and "Diego". Coincidently, I sat next to a chatty twelve year old girl on the flight home from NYC who does a lot of the voice-overs for both Dora the Explorer and Go Diego Go. Funny thing is, my husband and I had just had a conversation about whether or not the voices were adults or actually kids. I think we had concluded that they must be adults because kids' voices would eventually change. But we were wrong. It's a small world, isn't it? My son just started watching Dora and Diego and then it just so happens that I sit next to this girl.

Now that we are all safe and sound back home, I'll mention one of the superstions that haunted me during our stay in New York. First, our room number
at the hotel? 911. Second, our seats at the theater (we saw Wicked)? 9, 11 and 13. Both of these freaked me out - but I sort of pushed them aside. Now that I'm home, I'm glad it was just freaky and not telling. Yeah, I've got to push this superstitious nonsense aside.

The drawings are images I've recently created for my bibs. Oh, and you'll see them on Martha. Oh yeah, you'll see 'em on Martha.

No comments: