Saturday, February 24, 2007

nifty stuff


I want to share a nifty new product that I discovered about a month ago. I mentioned it very briefly to my dear friend, Martha, but thought I'd take a moment to mention it here - because I know at least one or two of you will REALLY appreciate this. This is something you use to pre-treat fabric that you will be printing on with your inkjet printer. And how do I print on fabric with my inkjet printer, you may ask? Well, either tune in to Martha on April 5th or check-out this tutorial HERE. The biggest drawback I've found with printing on fabric is that you either have to cleverly protect this printed fabric (hence, the iron-on vinyl I demo with Ms. Martha) OR you have to invest a small fortune in water resistant inkjet cartridges (as if they didn't cost enough as it is). The solution? Bubble Jet Set 2000! By pre-soaking your fabric in Bubble Jet, you are helping your fabric to absorb the ink and prevent bleeding when exposed to water. It's so much fun to be able to print on fabric. Okay, this is starting to sound like some middle of the night infomercial. But I swear, it’s not. I’m just another fellow crafter sharing a special little secret with you. So try it out. Oh, and I promise I'll stop dropping the "M" word. (martha martha martha!)

No comments: