Tuesday, November 13, 2007

filling up with ideas

It's taken me way too long to finish this - a bib quilted from several bright fabric swatches, some of my own printed fabric and a silk-screened piece. (which reminds me of all the silk-screening supplies I bought a while back and have yet to use) So, hoping to make more of these for the empty Etsy shop. It's sew time! (Yes, I'm excited for Project Runway)

I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week! Little boy's birthday falls on the day of turkey, so I'm trying to come up with clever ways to make it a special day for the birthday boy as well. More on that later.

I've been slow to work on new things. My notebooks are filling up with ideas - but finding time to do them is another story. I need to make more of an effort to find the time. My head is always a little less stressed after a bit of crafting, sewing or gardening. Instead of spending time picking up toys that will wind up back on the floor later in the day anyway, I need to focus on my projects. That's easier said than done though. A couple weeks ago I even created a schedule for myself...

6am - wake up + start breakfast
7am - dress + make beds
8am - kids eat
9am - laundry
10am - craft
...and so on and so forth

I love the idea of that - a real schedule to follow so I'm not blundering through my day, losing my day. But I've yet to make it through an entire day of my so-called perfect schedule. Maybe I wasn't trying hard enough. Or, maybe, let's face it, kids just don't want to follow a schedule. Come to think of it, that was my biggest roadblock - fussy baby during what was supposed to be my hour. Come on, mom's don't get me time! What am I thinking? I know it'll only get easier from here. Baby will probably be walking in another few weeks and he'll start to enjoy entertaining himself more often. When that happens, watch out! This crafty mama will be back in business!

No comments: