Thursday, November 15, 2007

Why?

Can we talk about how tired I am of the Why? game? "Mommy, why did you just say, 'oh no,' why? Mommy, why did you just scratch your head, why? Mommy, why did that man just say, 'damn it,' why?" And you can't say, "I don't know," because, to an almost-4-year old that means, ask me again in 5 minutes. And then 5 minutes later, again, and again, and again, until you think you've gone completely mad. Hours later, the same question as if somewhere I've magically found the answer to the question, "Mommy, why did that man crash the tractor into our house, why? Mommy, why do you say, 'I don't know,' why?" (Yes - so, you see, a few other things on my mind today) The husband urges me to take a long, hot shower. Cleanse myself of the Why? game. I know, I know - I'll miss this someday when he's too cool to talk to mom. Right now, though, I think I'll pull my hair out if I hear the word Why? one more time!!!

No comments: