Tuesday, January 22, 2008

party food bible

I've got my week all planned out to get everything done in time for the big birthday party this weekend. Menu is set and the to-do list is in order. Of course, you'll see here in this picture my Martha Stewart's Hors D'oeuvres Handbook. No party is complete without something from this perfect party food bible. This time I'm going with recipes for homemade potato chips, pretzels and a white wine punch. I really should start checking the recipes off as I make them. I'll bet I can finish them all by the time my party-hosting days are over.

As with everything, it's all in the details. I love making my own little stickers and labels for decorating everything from the paper cups and napkins to party favor packages. I have a lot of images from The Teddy Bears' Picnic as well as a cute head shot of the birthday boy himself. I'm having too much fun, aren't I? I just love planning parties!

Of course the weather forecast calls for a chance of rain on party day. Of course it also said, "Rain Likely," today and I only saw about five minutes of very light drizzle first thing this morning. I just hope whatever storm system there is brewing up there in the sky moves quickly on by and gives us clear skies this weekend. All this work we've put into the yard! What a shame if we were all squeezed into our tiny house for the birthday celebration! [note to self: post pics of newly completed "Project Backyard"]

No comments: