Thursday, February 07, 2008

pretzel lollipops

For the birthday party, I thought I'd try something different. It's usually cookies packaged up to give out as favors. But I think we're all starting to become more aware of the sugar we're shoveling out to our kids these days... so I tried something different. Using sticks intended for cookie-pops, I formed spiral shaped pretzel lollipops. This pic is of the pops after they've boiled in the baking soda water. Before baking they get a lollipop stick shoved in, a coat of egg wash and a sprinkling of coarse salt. Worked out great - but the recipe wasn't that good. Granted, I used the Martha recipe for pretzel bites - which get a sprinkling of spices and other sources of flavor. So, next time, I'll have to find a good pretzel recipe. Something with a little more flavor.

No comments: