Thursday, May 11, 2006

15 minutes


I only have 15 minutes before I need to leave to go pick up little mr. man from his gramma's, so I think I'm gonna just let it all flow sorta stream-of-consciousness-like today. First off, pic above...did a little silk-screening today. Making images for stitching on bibs. Those seemed to do really well at the last event and I'm thinkin' it makes a lot of sense because there are so many bibs out there but not many that are unique and hand-crafted and it does make the perfect baby shower gift because I can say, from experience, that I got a whole lotta baby bibs before my pipsqueak was born. So I "wasted" (and I'm emphasizing the word here because while I use the word "wasted" I do recognize that it's not really time wasted...since it's not like I'm sitting on the couch eatin' potato chips afterall...it's just time spent on something that I don't really have time for - and why?, exactly, don't I feel like I have time for it? Well, that's another subject entirely that I think will have to be postponed until I am out of the parentheses) a bunch of time yesterday doing tutorials on Flash. Trying to create nifty little graphics that will dance across the screen. I think I got something working, but I won't brag about it until I know for sure that it works. And now onto that little topic that popped up in my sub-thought just there right now. Why do I feel like I'm always running a race against the clock? I'm always thinking I need to hurry up - that I've got all these ideas and I need to rush to get them done. I've got an entire life to do these things, right? What's the rush? Why do I resent it when little mr. diaper pants won't let me silkscreen one afternoon? Just do it tomorrow - what's the big deal? I think I need to take a chill pill. I'll do these things when I do them. Which reminds me of the reunion show for "Top Chef". "It is what it is." Anyone who watches this knows what I mean. And looking out the window now I see that vast of dirt space just waiting to covered up by my grandiose landscaping plan. Just not enough time in the day. People always say to me..."I don't know how you find the time to do blank." And I always think - sheesh...wish I had more of that time you seem to think I magically produced to do even more. I wonder if I'm just going through a phase, or if this is the way it's gonna be for the rest of my life. When I was working full time, the days dragged on and on and on. Now, I swear it's dinnertime minutes after I've done the breakfast dishes. Maybe I waste too much time reading blogs on the internet. True true true. Gotta stop that. Gotta stop wasting (truly using the word here) time. I see our orange trees out the window and think - now that'd be a nice print. Going back to my thoughts on orange and green from the other day- a print of bright green leaves and plump oranges. And, of course, a happy flying elephant fluttering by. Well, I think this 15 minutes is up. Excuse me Mr. Warhol, may I have another?

No comments: