Wednesday, May 31, 2006

hello summer - you look gorgeous!

We set out to barbecue every single meal over Memorial Day Weekend. Alas, never did figure out what I could possibly grill for breakfast and we ended up mostly picking up food for lunch. But you would have found me over the grill every evening - that much of the deal I was able to keep. And thank the lord that the weatherman was wrong. Forecast = partly cloudy all weekend. Actual weather = sunny sunny sunny! Perfect beginning for the proverbial start of summer.



I was finally able to start reading Julie & Julia this weekend. I love it when I can be completely absorbed in a book the very second I start reading it. This one didn't require the commitment of a few chapters before locking me in. And, as I mentioned a few posts back, I'm extremely attracted to the idea of a 365-day project of my own.

My mom gave me a box of goodies last night - things of my Grandma's that she thought I'd like to have. Among the little treasures was a little Japanese booklet. I have no idea what any of it says, but I simply adore the illustrations. I might be sharing more of these in the days to come...

No comments: