Monday, May 08, 2006

conversation with a 2-year-old

I just had the most fascinating conversation with my 2.5-year-old while I was sewing this little block. It went something like this:

"mama done now?"

"almost done. just want to finish this little block."

"why?"

"because I want to see if this project works"

"why?"

"because if it does, then maybe people will buy them."

"why?"

"because they'll be perfect toys for babies to play with."

"why?"

"because they're bright and colorful and playful."

"why?"

"because I used fun fabric."

"why?"

"because I want them to look unique."

"why?"

"because everything out there looks the same."

"why?"

"because a lot of people stopped caring for artistic things."

"why?"

"because some people weren't raised with art and music."

"why?"

"because some people watch too much tv."

"why?"

"because the world has just become a very commercial place."

"why?"

"I just don't know, but guess what - I'm done!"

"oh wow mama!"


No comments: