Friday, September 21, 2007

the day after



Glad it's Friday, but at the same time I can't believe the day is almost over and I haven't even made it half way through my list of things to do. So I think pictures from the party will have to trickle in. First up is what I think everyone enjoyed most, my mud pie. "Did you put crack in this?" You know it must be good when you get a question like that. It was a nice little party. When I woke up this morning, it felt like the day after Thanksgiving. All these days of prep and then it's suddenly over. It wasn't so much that it was time-consuming, more mind-consuming. Seems I never have much time for projects these days, so prep for the party had to be done in short 10-15-20-minute bites here and there and wherever I could squeeze them in. When I wasn't doing something party-related, I was thinking about what party-related task I'd be doing next. The great think about a mud pie is that you can make it ahead of time and pop it in the freezer. Problem with making cakes ahead of time and leaving them in the fridge is that you get all sorts of 3-year old size finger swipes in the frosting. Our little house was busting at the seams with both sets of parents, a sister, two rug rats and a baby. We often talk about how happy we are in our house. We're convinced that we wouldn't want anything bigger. We like that when the kids get older, they'll be forced to share their lives with us because there's no upstairs or far away bedroom to go running off to. But, I suppose I'll have to accept the limitations of a small house. No more formal dinners if we're planning on more than, say, six. But, it sure was cozy!



Dawn's Mud Pie

For the crust, mix together and press into a springform pan:
melted butter
crushed chocolate graham crackers

Add, in this order:
toasted cocconut
coffee ice cream
chocolate fudge
chopped macadamia nuts
whipped topping (I piped mine on)

Cover with seran wrap and freeze.



No comments: