Thursday, September 27, 2007

SEE-ment PAT-yo

I talked about a certain "Project Backyard" way back toward the start of summer. No, it didn't die. I just pulled another Dawn and made it way more complicated than it needed to be. Now, some 10 drawings later (with a landscape plan in the works), I'm finally sending this bad boy out to bid. This is the part about architecture and planning that I love and hate at the same time. Right now, I love it. The handing off - the part where it's no longer in my control. Because, frankly, I just can't even think about this anymore, but I still want it done. When I was working full time (and didn't have baby boys tugging at my pant legs) I hated letting go. I wished, desperately, that I could be the one to see the project through. Now, I'm elated to get this project to the next phase. Tired of planning and thinking and drawing. Ready for someone to take my plans and run run run.



So now we just have to deal with the financial end of things - which could be painful, especially since the plan is a little more than what I'd originally envisioned. For all I know, this thing could never even happen. We may just end up backing a cement truck up to the back fence and pour. A SEE-ment PAT-yo! But, hopefully we'll be able to do what I've schemed. If so, a trip to the local tropical nursery will be in order to pick out some nice palms and bamboo. Oh boy do I hope that bid comes back low!!!

1 comment:

Jolene said...

Well if you end up with the cement truck option, you be sure to give us a call and let us know what day! If you're able to do it on one of R's off weekends, count us in! Believe it or not, I know how to help level, grade, mix and pour cement with the best of 'em! We have rakes, shovels, levels, buckets, you name it.

We'd love to help with this project in whatever way we can once it's in the action phase! PS-Can you imagine the fun Robbie would have with that huge, noisy cement truck backing up in your yard?