Friday, July 29, 2005

for sale: glue gun art


Still playin' around with a little felt version of one of my boggies. This one is strung on some yarn with mini felt clouds floating above it. Maybe they need to be a little bigger. If they were bigger, they'd also be easier to sew.
.
I'm hoping to be a participant in the Bazaar Bizarre this winter, so I'm trying to come up with a few things to develop. I did a holiday street festival last November and just broke even in sales with what it cost me in fees to participate. And it's not that it's all about the money - but after all that work and effort it would have been nice to see more people stopping by my booth. To be fair to myself, though, I don't think it was the right venue for hand-made crafts. My booth was sandwiched between one that sold sculptures made from motorcycle parts and another that was offering free massages. Right behind me was a couple selling dog mugs and t-shirts (commercial stuff). I think it might restore my faith in humanity to participate in an event that is entirely crafty. Especially one that is "...not your granny's craft fair" (the Bazaar Bizarre motto). Not that I have a problem with crochetted toaster covers and tissue box holders decorated with shells...it's just that my stuff doesn't fit too well with all that. Someone coming to a fair looking for a silk flower wreath isn't gonna want felt baby booties. Well, we'll see.

No comments: