Friday, July 22, 2005

hello there, my name is...

Jeez louise! A week has gone by without me knowing it. Sheesh. Well...in response to this post by birds & nests I'm gonna do a little introduce yerself right now...

Here I am this month, celebrating my 32nd b-day with my little bugaboo:


So, obviously, that makes me 32 and my name is Dawn.

I like making things - love tinkering with wood, sewing, baking, and just about anything that gets my fingers all sticky and covered with glue. My day job is architecture, mom, wife, house cleaner, taker of 2 cats, 1 dog and 5 koi fish. By night (well, maybe not so much night because I get sleepy...but by any hour of which I am awake and have a free moment to spare) I like to think of myself as an artisan, a crafter. I believe in poor man's pilates (a.k.a. "gardening") and attempt to tame my little plot of land on a regular basis. I think my soul is Hawaiian. I know I don't look it (I take after my dad's side of the family), but my maternal grandma was born and raised on the islands. Everyone tells me I have such a calm personality and I think that's the Hawaiian (the "aloha") in me. You'll often catch me listening to hawaiian folk music - I don't understand the language but I think I understand it's jibe. I try to get to the islands any chance I get. God, I love those islands. What's most important, though, is the love I have for my son of 1-1/2 years and my husband of 5 years. Without my two guys, my clock just wouldn't tick.

No comments: