Thursday, March 23, 2006

hey there cupcake!


You know how it is when you're working on something...something a little repetetive, and you've got to keep your mind busy so you can just get through it? I cut out 45 wooden buzzing bog critters today and while doing so I found my mind wandering, coming up with all kinds of projects to tackle next. And after making my last cut, I quickly threw together this little cupcake. Just wanted to see if it could work the way I was seeing it in my head. I'm pleased with it. Obviously needs a little color. But, the architect side of me asks, what do you do with it? What's the function? I know I know, not everything requires function. But...there's got to be something this little cupcake could do. Is it merely a child's toy? Should it hold a business card or photograph? Maybe it just sits there looking pretty. Oh I don't know. With everything else on my plate, there's not really a whole lot of time for pursuing new projects. But I just couldn't help myself with this one.

1 comment:

Jolene said...

Wow...you are on a roll! By the way, I've been using a lot of my Buzzing Bog cards to send my mother and her good friend (both going through chemo at the same time...what are the odds?) weekly 'hang in there' notes and they *love* them! And I hope you post pics of your stand/booth up in SF so we can see all your creations and hard work!