Wednesday, March 29, 2006

time for dinner!


Everytime I break out my silk screening supplies I drag my feet. I think - oh I should just gocco. But I love the ink colors I have for silkscreening, so I make the effort and set myself up for some screen printing. And then once I get going I think, "Holy cow this is fun! Why don't I do this more often???" That was the case this afternoon. Convinced myself I was only going to be making a huge mess and the end product wouldn't be worth it - but now I'm glad I did it. These little guys will be sewn into some baby bibs. I've got the idea all worked out in my head - but it will be interesting to see if it actually comes together the way I think it can. Stay posted - I'll show my results tomorrow. Now it's time for me to make our healthy pizza for dinner. This recipe has been a life saver since we've hopped aboard the low-fat, low-cholesterol band wagon. Satisfies both cravings for pizza and cravings for mexican food. Yum!

Black Bean Pizza
Spoon 1/2 cup tomato sauce on pizza dough rolled out into a 12-14 inch circle. Pulse 1 cup black beans in a food processor until coarse but not pureed and mix with 1/2 cup fresh salsa. Spread the bean mixture on top of the sauce. Sprinkle 2 ounces shredded, reduced-fat monterey jack cheese and 1 ounce shredded, reduced-fat mozzarella cheese over the beans. Toss 1 small red bell pepper cut into matchsticks and 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion on top of the pizza then bake for 15-20 minutes in a 500 degree oven.

No comments: