Thursday, April 19, 2007

little van gogh

As you can imagine, things have been pretty busy here. I've been finding myself in a completely crazy state of mind when I find myself trying to get my son to cooperate with the day's schedule that I create for myself. Somewhere in the day, I find room for working on orders. But until then, having it on my mind while I'm chasing the little guy around puts me on edge. So to make up for the past week of mommy being completely nuts, we've been having 100% all-for-you kid days. He painted this painting yesterday, which I just love. I think this one deserves a frame. I sure wish we had more walls. I'd love to frame everything my kids make. I know we'll run out of wall space by the time they're 5. This morning we headed over to the coast so he could ride his bike. Seriously - I need to do that more often. Our dog is completely nuts and I'm always furious with him at the end of our walks, but getting out in the fresh air, watching the waves and enjoying the morning on the beach has got to be the best way to start the day. We'll be heading back to Jalama Beach (where I found these) next month - really looking forward to those long morning beach walks.

Little Mr. Man is off with his grandma for the afternoon and it kills me that I can't just sit here and craft. Must dash off to the craft store, the baby store and Target. Let's see if I can make it out and back in record time. I seriously need an assistant. Every mother deserves an assistant! An assistant to do the laundry, respond to e-mails, make phone calls and do the shopping. But then I'd never leave the house. I'd probably get crabby because I'd have cabin fever and not even know it. Well, if I get out of here and do my errands, maybe I can get back in time to be crafty before little Mr. Painter comes back.

No comments: