Thursday, December 21, 2006

a lot of crazies out there



(First thing this picture makes me think is - YIKES! I need to repaint our mailbox!)

Christmas cards have all been sent, hurray!

I'm starting to lose steam. I'm ready to just snuggle up on the couch and watch old christmas movies all day and into the night. Had to make one last run to Target and Toys-R-Us yesterday and this desperate woman stole a parking spot from us. Um, hello? Last night a young police officer from a neighboring city was shot and killed by a 17-year old with a rifle. He leaves a 3-month old baby. What's going on in the world? For about 3 hours yesterday we thought my father-in-law (and subsequently all of us potentially) had tuberculosis. But thankfully it turned out only to be an incoherent nurse and a huge misunderstanding. What else are they going to diagnose this poor man with? And after more stressful conversations about coordinating family obligations I am more ready than ever to just haul ourselves up to the mountains on christmas eve and spend a week huddled in a cabin watching our son play with all his new toys. I'm sure Santa could find us up there.

But enough of the downer talk. This is the happiest time of the year afterall, correct?

Maybe I won't mail out cookies. I think I want to stop baking and start sewing again. I thought it would be really fun to make a stuffed monster for my son for christmas. He'd probably appreciate that more than a quilt. I can save the quilt for when he goes off to college.

No comments: