Friday, December 29, 2006

resolutions, part I

New Year's Resolutions

#1

Cook more + eat take-out less.

Tonight's meal: Classic Risotto Milanese. And at this point, every meal I cook I need to double so we can start stocking up on dinners in the freezer for those nights when this baby in my belly finally pops. (I remember a whole lot of take-out when we came home with our first) I used to cook all the time. But over the past year or so I've really fallen behind on trying new recipes, using fresh ingredients and serving up well-rounded meals. So this I resolve: I'll dust off those cookbooks, bookmark those websites and organize my recipe book. It's time to get this kitchen cooking once again.

Speaking of baby in the belly, we're getting close now. My poor tummy is streched and soaking up every drop of the Sexy Belly lotion I just ordered from Carol's Daughter. And speaking of Carol's Daugher, have I mentioned the autobiography by Lisa Price, founder of Carol's Daughter skin care products? Great read. Come to think of it, I think I must have mentioned it before. But, speaking of good reads, just finished Little Children. Loved it! Enjoyed all the characters, appreciated the ending and was sincerely touched by this story of thirty-something parents.

No comments: