Tuesday, August 23, 2005

color, my favorite

These are just a few pages from my first Artist Trading Zine. The theme that was given was, "Favorite Color". These pictures give you an idea of how small these ATZs are. When I read the description with the page dimensions being 2.5" by 3.5" it didn't really occur to me how small that was. And I worked out my pages on the computer, so even then it didn't occur to me how small these were. They looked huge on the screen! But when I printed my first page I thought something had gone wrong. Sure enough...it was right...and I had to re-work a few pages because the print was just so tiny! Now, I don't know if it's a symptom of simply not being able to make up my mind or if it truly is because I love all color, but I decided to title my zine, "Color, My Favorite". This edition was, obviously, all about color. I even included a color wheel on the inside of the front cover. For each color, I included a "My Favorite Color Recipe". Additionally, I drew up a litle comic about a baby girl who is swathed in pink from the moment she is born but who rebels and seeks out blue any chance she gets when she gets older. And there is a little written essay that includes my thoughts on color. So that's it! I suspect I've taken this in a completely different direction than the other ATZ participants this month. From what I've seen so far, everyone has chosen one color and made their zine about that color. Well, we'll see! To each their own, right? Different folks, different strokes. (don't know why I just love that phrase and use it any chance I get...ha ha)

No comments: