Monday, July 23, 2007

cluchunk cluchunk


Here they are - two of my three babies. The one on the right is my little sewing buddy, as you can see - always ready to help. On the left is my new Baby Lock Quilter's Choice sewing machine. What a dream! I know I'm going to sound like a guy talking about a car, but, man does she purr! (and, yes, I've decided she's a girl - in this house of boys I need all the female company I can get) Compared to the cluchunk cluchunk of my old machine, this one just sings! I love all the stitches, and I really love the table extension (which you can't see much of in this picture - sorry). It gives me tons of space for maneuvering bibs as I sew. And don't even get me started on the automatic scissors built right in so there's no more snipping threads at the end of each run. I'm in heaven!


I was thrilled to be able to sew up a few projects this weekend. My little sewing buddy is modeling a new bib - it's up in the Etsy Shop. Nice blanket stitch, huh? On the machine it takes about 1/8th of the time as when I'd do it all by hand. I know it's nice to have that handmade touch too, so I won't stop doing some bibs by hand. But, now, with the machine, I'll be able to offer some bibs at a better price without feeling like I'm giving myself Chinese sweatshop wages to make them.



It's so nice to know that I can sit down to work on a project without having to hassle with my sewing machine. She's just sitting there ready to work for me. But today is catch up day - all those monkeys on my back. Laundry (sorry honey - you won't have to go fishing clean underwear out of the dryer tomorrow, I promise), paycheck work, filing, bills - you know, all that super fun stuff. Maybe the little Baby Lock and I will tango tomorrow.

3 comments:

tom said...

Cutest baby in the world. Must have some damned attractive parents.

Thimbleanna said...

Those are cute bibs, but man, is that an adorable baby!

Jolene said...

OMG! You guys had Rocco Ritchie's twin brother! That makes you...Madge & Guy!!! He's hot!!!