Monday, July 02, 2007

l.a. story



Back from a long weekend up in Los Angeles. We ended up doing a lot of the tourist sort of stuff - but what it really was for us was doing all the kinds of things we didn't do much of when we actually lived in L.A. Like...Venice Beach. I mean, yes, we've done the whole Venice Beach thing - but not together, and certainly not as a family. And, it was the first time we actually set foot on the sand and dove into the water at Venice Beach. I think it was always this three-ring circus thing with us and the fact that it was, indeed, a beach, escaped us. But a three-year old doesn't miss the fact that a beach is connected to sand- which is connected to water. Mommy, on the other hand, couldn't get over this graffitti wall. If it weren't for the fact that I was directly in the path of spray-paint fumes, I could have easily enjoyed the rest of the afternoon right there. (and by "I" I don't necessarily mean "me" - nah, I could care less about the toxicity of those fumes on me - just didn't seem appropriate to subject a baby to that)



We spent one morning at "The Original Pantry" right smack downtown. This is where I discovered the home of what I've come to know as the world's largest stack of buckwheat pancakes ever. Seriously, folks, I couldn't even eat have of these suckers!

I have so much more to write about, but... I really am literally falling asleep as I write this. Such a whimp these days when it comes to accomplishing anything at night. Please just allow me to leave you with this one final shot - a photograph taken from a friend's loft. Spectacular.


No comments: